Showing how to make ‘sweet bad’
Its like a dough nut, but it is crispy/flaky on the outside but fluffy on the outside.
It tastes much richer that the regular bofrot and can be very sweet.
How to Prepare Sweet Bad
• 3 Tablespoon Plain flour
• 3 Tablespoon Self-rising flour
• 1/3 Fresh milk/ (evaporated milk with water in 1:1 ratio)
• 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
• 1 Egg
• ½ teaspoon Vanilla essence
• 2 Tablespoon sugar
1. Pour your flour mixture into your mixing bowl.
2. Add the nutmeg.
3. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Add a tablespoon scoop of margarine.
5. Add the sugar.
6. Use your finger to mix them together into a sandy texture.
7. Crack your egg into a separate bowl and add vanilla essence, and the milk. Mix well.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of flour and mix together into a dough, slightly firm, but sticky in nature.
9. Heat the oil for deep frying, allowing the oil to be moderately hot.
10. With your fingers take small – medium size of the dough, without any particular shape.
11. Deep fry, turning them occasionally till golden brown.