• 1/2 cup dried corn flour
• 1 cup Keta school boys
• 2 large tomatoes (fresh)
• 1 Pepper (size optional)
1. Put water into saucepan and bring to a boil
2. Take 3 spoons of the flour add cold water, and mix well to a porridge consistency
3. Add salt to the boiling water, pour into the water and stir to make the porridge
4. Add the corn flour into the porridge while stirring at the same time.
5. Keep mingling and stir away any lumps till evenly done into a ball.
6. Add some of the boiled water and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Stir again and mingle and till; the water and the dough are mixed evenly
8. Keep stirring with the ladle till the akple is ready, 10-15 min
( can taste the dough to see if it’s ready, cooked corn)
9. Using flat plat, scoop the akple into the serving plate in a plat dough shape.
10. Take the washed and dried keta school boys and fry in oil
11. Put the pepper, onions, ginger, and garlic into the grinding pot, add salt and grind to a paste.
12. Cut the pepper into small chops and mash it up with the pepper sauce, till well done.
13. Add the fried keta school boys and gently crush ( not smooth though) them into the pepper sauce.
14. Scoop into the serving bowl and serve with the akple.
Goes well with sardines too. Enjoy!