Showing how to prepare Rice Akara (rice and banana doughnut).
Can be eaten as a starter , snack or afters.
Ingredients for this recipe:
- 3 fingers of over ripped banana
- 2-3 Table spoon Rice flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Frying oil for deep frying
- Wash and peel the banana
- Cut into small pieces for blending ( if the banana is a bit hard, use fork to mash it up)
- Blend to be smooth.
- Add the nutmeg
- Add the rice flour and mix till evenly mixed. (You can add two spoon full of the rice and fry a couple to be sure of the firmness before adding the additional spoonful-the sizes of banana may differ from what used here).
- With your tablespoon, scoop the mixture a spoon at a time into the hot oil and fry.
- Keep turning till evenly cooked, and golden brown in colour.
- Remove and allow excess oil to drain off
- Serve as a starter, snack etc.