Showing how to prepare Cous Cous,
Ingredients for this recipe:
Onion – Red & white
scotch bonnet or chilli
Seasons of choice
Vegetable cooking oil
Salt to taste
1. Pour a tablespoonful of cooking oil into the saucepan
2. Slice the onions and put in the pan to fry.
3. Remove the skin from the chicken and cut/ shred into favourable sizes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and stir.
5. Add the chopped chilli pepper.
6. Add the chicken stock cube and allow to cook for about five minutes.
7. Add the shredded chicken and the shrimps, allow to cook for 5 minutes.
8. Taste for salt, and add the mixed veggies
9. Add the couscous and stir well. Cover and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
10. Stir and check for moisture, the texture should be moist and fluffy, sprinkle a little water to it to get the desired texture.
11. Serve as a main meal or with salad and other additions.