How To Prepare Fish Kebab (AHC Peri peri fish kebab).
A collaboration with Abena’s Kitchen ( Jollof Spaghetti)
In this recipe, Ingredients used are:
A slice of Salmon
1 whole fleshy fish of choice
Mixed sweet peppers chopped in cubes
½ medium onion chopped in cubes
Peri peri powder
Chinese five spice
Powdered black pepper
Onga magie tablet
Cooking oil for marinating
1. Cut the salmon in halves and remove the bone from it
2. Using your sharp knife, cut off the skin from the flesh of the fish for both halves of the salmon
3. Nicely slice the salmon into desirable sizes
4. Sprinkle some of the lemon juice onto the fish
5. Make a mixture of the peri peri, onga cube, black pepper and the Chinese five spice
6. Add about 2 teaspoons of the peri peri and other season mixture
7. Add 3 teaspoons of the cooking oil and marinade the fish by massaging the season onto the fish.
8. Take the skewer and put the fish and the vegetables on them nicely
9. Continue till all fish are used up.
10. Put on the grill and allow to heat for a couple of minutes
11. Put the skewed fish onto the grill for 8 – 10 minutes on a medium heat
12. Take the fish kebab and with the cook brush, brush some more of the periperi mixture with oil onto the fish kebab and turn them over for the other sides to cook for 5- 10 minutes.
13. For the full fish, using your sharp knife, press hold the fish and cut the flesh of the bone from the tail end.
14. Do same on the other side.
15. Ensure that there is no bone left in the fish and cut into desirable sizes.
16. Now apply the season onto the fish and follow the same procedure- Put on the skewer and grill respectively.
17. Serve on its own, with jollof spaghetti, jollof rice, plain rice etc. etc.