Ingredients in this recipe:
3 Pouches fresh Okro Washed and grated
10 medium size / 2pouches Garden eggs washed and cut into small cubes
1 pack Mushrooms washed and a cut into halves or quarters
2 kilos Cow foot, boiled and bones removed
Salted fish/ koobi (salted tilapia)
1 cup Smoked shrimps
1 cup Deboned smoked cat fish
3 large onions
2 gloves garlic
1/3 medium size ginger
2 Scotch bonnet pepper
Zomi / Palm oil
2 tins Fresh tomatoes/ plum tomatoes
Salt to taste
Vegetable seasons of choice
1. Blend the tomatoes with 2 onions, garlic, ginger, and the chilli / scotch bonnet pepper
2. Chop the remaining onion into desired sizes and shape
3. Pour enough palm oil into the cooking sauce pan and allow to heat up
4. Put the chopped onions into the oil to cook for 3 minutes
5. Add the salted fish and allow to cook for another 3-4 minutes
6. Add the blended vegetables @1
7. Allow the gravy to cook through, meanwhile, get the garden eggs and okro ready ( as in chop and grate- this can be done before starting the stew)
8. After about 10min, add the cooked cow foot to the gravy to continue the tenderising of the cow foot.
9. Add your seasons to the stew, allow to cook for about five more minutes.
10. Also cut the mushroom to desired sizes
11. Add the smoked boneless cat fish and shrimps
12. Add the chopped garden eggs, and cover to simmer for about 5 minutes
13. Now add the mushroom and grated okro and allow to cook under low heat. Mix them in and taste for salt.
14. Stir occasionally and allow to cook for 5-8 more minutes.
15. Drop in more chilli for those who want it hot.
16. Turn of the heat and allow to cool without the lid.
Eba- Gari cooked or prepared with hot water and moulded round.
Serve the eba and the okro stew.
Enjoy your meal.