Meat Ball Recipe
1 pack of lean minced beef
1 red onion sliced
1 onion finely chopped with (a hint of garlic also finely chopped)
Chopped spring onion leaves (optional)
Mixed sweet pepper
2 Tablespoons of flour (any kind of flour is good to go)
Spices and seasons of choice
Salt to taste
1. Remove minced beef from pack into mixing bowl
2. Add the finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger.
3. Add your seasons ie maggi tablet, mixed herbs, black pepper, aroma stock powder.
4. Add the plain flour.
5. Mix all the seasons and meat all together till evenly distributed.
6. With your fingertips mould the seasoned minced beef into small balls.
7. Put your pan on the hub, add a tablespoon of oil
8. Put the meat balls in the pan making sure there is only a layer of meat and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, turn the other sides to also fry nicely.( avoid having some on top of the other as this may render some uncooked or the stick together).
9. For the sauce, blend the tomatoes, chilli pepper, ginger, onion and garlic together. Pour enough oil into a different saucepan and fry some sliced onions. When well cooked, add the blended tomato mixture and allow to cook till the oil settles on the top of the sauce.
10. When the meat ball is ready, add the sliced red onions and cook for a couple of minutes
11. Add the spring onions and mixed peppers and allow to cook for 2 more minutes.
12. Add the sauce/gravy to the meat balls and stir gently and taste for salt or season.
13. Allow to simmer for about five minutes
Can be eaten with rice, spaghetti, yam etc.