How To Make Ring Doughnut
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 6 heaped Tablespoon Strong white flour
• 1 large egg
• ½ cup milk
• 3 table spoons of sugar
• 2 tablespoon melted Butter
• Pinch of salt
• Bread yeast (7g pouch)
1. Measure the flour into your mixing bowl, using your sieve to remove any possible lumps
2. Add the nutmeg, and salt to the flour and sieve them all together.
3. Safe half of the flour mixture aside.
4. Add the yeast to the flour in the bowl, add sugar and mix
5. Crack your egg in a separate bowl, to ensure it is fresh, then add to the flour.
6. Add your melted butter to the flour and egg, mix well.
7. Add your warm milk a bit at a time.
8. Add the remaining flour also in bit in order to get a firm dough.
9. Sprinkle some flour on to your work surface, and put the dough on and knead for 2-3 minutes, mould it nicely.
10. Put the dough back into the mixing bowl, brush some of the melted butter on the dough and cover the bowl of dough with a cling film and allow to rest in a warm place for 30-45 minutes, this allows the dough to rise or double in size.
11. Take the dough and fold it to remove excess air from it.
12. Flatten the dough with your rolling pin till its flat to about 1½ cm thickness.
13. Use your round cutter, and cut the dough into shape. Again, use a smaller cutter to make the ring in the middle of the doughnut.
14. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
15. Heat the oil till moderately hot, gently put the doughnut in the oil and deep fry, turn the sides till they are golden brown both sides (5-7minutes). Allow enough room in the frying pan for the doughnut to puff up.
16. Can be enjoyed with glass of juice or drink, tea, or a snack etc.