How to Prepare Spicy Cocktail Prawns
Ingredients In This Recipe:
• A pack of king prawns
• 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
• 1 medium size egg
• Baking powder
• 1 glove of garlic (grated)
• Powdered chilli pepper
• Black pepper
• Chinese five spice
• Aromat all-purpose seasoning
• Chicken frying coating
• Sunflower oil for deep frying
1. Remove the prawns from the packaging into a bowl
2. Sprinkle the lemon juice on the prawns
3. Grate the garlic unto the prawns
4. Season the prawns with the seasons of choice (Chinese five spice, black pepper, aromat seasoning , chilli powder)
5. Pour about a teaspoon of the oil unto the prawns and mix all the seasons in well on the prawns. Allow it to marinade.
6. Now crack the egg into a separate bowl, season with the black pepper and the aromat seasoning. Beat well till well mixed.
7. Pour about 3 table spoon of the chicken coating into a different bowl, add a bit of baking powder to it and mix well ( baking powder will enable the coating to be very crispy when fried)
8. Put the oil on fire for deep frying.
9. Now take the prawns one at a time, completely dip in the egg, and then pass them through the chicken coating.
10. Put the prawns now into the heated oil and deep fry them.
11. Keep turning for even cooking, when its well-cooked (golden brown) take it out of the oil and allow excess oil to drain off in a strainer.
12. Arrange neatly on the serving plate, and garnish with a slice of lemon.
13. Can be eaten as a starter with pepper sauce, barbeque sauce etc.