How to Make Hash Brown
Ingredients used in this cooking:
• 3 large potatoes peeled
• 1 fresh egg
• Half red &/ white onions finely chopped ( about 2 Tablespoons)
• Butter for shallow frying
• ½ teaspoon Black pepper
• Salt to taste
1. Peel the potatoes and wash well
2. Cut into medium sizes
3. Parboil the potatoes in salted water for 5-7 minutes
4. While waiting for the potato to parboil, crack the egg and separate the yoke from the white.
5. Take the potatoes from the fire, strain the water and pour cold water on it, strain that too and allow the potatoes to cool.
6. While the potatoes is cooling, fry the chopped onions in a bit of butter
7. Grate the potatoes on the large size of the grater.
8. OFF the FIRE-Add the grated potatoes to the sautéed onions and mix well, add the salt, black pepper.
9. With a spoon, take a bit of the egg white, and spread or brush the potatoes, and keep the compact together in a flat shape.
10. Use a shape cutter of choice and cut the flattened potatoes into shape.
11. Continue till all done.
12. Scoop out a table spoon of butter into the frying pan and allow to melt and ready, put your shaped potatoes in one at a time, and well-spaced for turning, keep turning till well cooked, nicely brown in colour.
13. Continue step 12 till all done.
14. Serve on its own as a starter, or in a burger.