• 2 large carrots
• 1 pouch French beans
• A pinch of mixed herbs for seasoning
• A pinch of salt
• 1 tablespoon butter
1. Wash and peel the carrot, cut into two to get similar length as the French beans
2. Cut into strips or sticks
3. Pluck off/ cut the head and tail ends of the French beans
4. Wash both carrot and beans thoroughly
5. Put in slightly salted boiling water, for exactly 5 minutes
6. Strain of the water and blanch in cold water to maintain colour and crunchiness.
7. Add a tablespoon of butter/margarine and allow to melt and mix well on the vegie stick
8. Pour into serving bowl, and season with a pinch of mixed herbs.