Showing how we preserve our yam when we have bulk purchases and need to keep them from going bad.
These are all home cooking experiences we seek to share with you all.
1. Peel the yam into wash the yam
2. Cut them into desired sizes
3. Pat them dry to remove excess water from the washing
4. Put them individually into a tray or container.
5. Put it in the freezer.
6. Allow to freeze for about 30min.
7. Take from the tray and put in food bag, (pack in sizeable quantity taking your family size into consideration).
1. Put water on the hub to come to a boil.
2. Put the quantity of frozen yam into the boiling water, making sure they are not stuck together or come out individually.
3. Add salt to taste and the cook for 8-10 minutes, depending on the quantity.